I was so excited that we got to have Maddy a few extra days this week! Tuesday morning Maddy and I tackled homemade chocolate cupcakes and chocolate sourcream frosting...I didn't take pictures but it was a ton of fun! She got to lick the beaters for the first time and it was funny watching her figure them out. Since there was no way we could eat three dozen cupcakes we threw a few chocolate sprinkles on them and packaged some up to send with Dave to work. After Maddy and I woke up from our naps, we got dressed and headed out to see what the day would bring.
First we brought some of our cupcakes to the wonderful ladies at the salon where they were much appreciated! We visited a little bit and I think Maddy thoroughly enjoyed the attention...as well as the candy dish! Who doesn't love Jelly Bellys? =)
Since we were in Gladstone we had dinner at 4Js, a little place with good food and even better prices. Then we were off to Van Cleve park. I definately prefer this park to the one in Escanaba. With more trees and better play equipment it really caters better to play and recreation, whereas Ludington Park is great for large gatherings and kite flying!
With such a beautiful day I was soo happy that I had thought to bring the camera and took some shots when we walked along the beach. Of course we had to take our shoes off! What other way is there to enjoy the beach?
She crouched down, picking up the sand and letting it fall through her fingers, pinching some here and sprinkling it there...